Care Ministries | Serve
'I was hungry and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.'
- Matthew 25:35, Common English Translation
The Emmanuel Church CARE MINISTRIES are fueled by God's expectation that those who follow Him must be willing to consistently and enthusiastically WORK and SERVE.
These ministries focus our attention and energy on those with "now" needs and allow us to touch others with the love of Christ and the power of the Gospel of peace. The Bible illustrates how meeting people where they are and at the point of their immediate and often critical needs is the best way to 'model' Jesus and share the Gospel!
These ministries include:
- The EBC Kingdom Chefs Culinary & Catering Ministry
- Hospitality & Special Events Ministry
- Bereavement Ministry
- Crisis/Disaster Assistance (the "Benevolence Fund")
- "Meeting-Needs-Now" Community Food & Clothing Outreach
- "Target Pittsburgh" Homeless Assistance & Outreach
- Community Access to Resources for Education (CARE) School Supplies Project
- Visitation Ministry
- "In His Hands" Nursery