Emmanuel Baptist Church was birthed at the turn of the 20th century in 1901; with its humble beginnings as a gathering of Believers meeting in the private homes of its first disciples. The first property was purchased in 1906 with additional property purchases and physical plant expansion efforts bettwen 1925 and 1966.
Since its inception, EBC has been a recognized resource for spiritual leadership and social advocacy for the citizens of the Greater Pittsburgh area.
Ongoing community empowerment and development efforts include street evangelism ministry work; a women's Bible study and fellowship held within local community apartment complexes for women who may never make in to the 'church house'; a prison ministry & a partnership with the local magistrate for community service and mentoring for youths and teens with court-ordered service obligations.
God has established His presence within this body of called-out and set-apart Believers and has equipped this vineyard with the staying-power to endure as a beacon of help and healing within the community.
This current chapter in the history of this great ministry began in March 2015; when God began a 'new thing' in an effort to create an atmosphere of empowerment & transformation. Under the dynamic leadership & teaching of Reverend Dr. Christopher T. Conti, Emmanuel looks to the future with determination and excitement.
Emmanuel's growing discipleship and multitude of dynamic, empowering and creative ministries enables this body of called-out Believers to meet the people of God at the point of their need. Emmanuel has stood on its origins as a 'home church'; and has established itself as a church where families can grow together in Christ.
Now, in its second-century of Kingdom service, Emmanuel strives to be the radiant and transformational church that Christ's references in the Word of God-- a 'safe space' where people may enter to encounter God and acquire the attributes necessary to become inspired, engaged and empowered Kigdom Citiszens.